10 Coaches Awarded the 2015 NCAA Ethnic Minority Female Scholarship
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (March 27, 2015)
Felicia Hall Allen & Associates congratulates the 10 recipients of the NCAA UPLIFT Scholarship sponsored by the NCAA committee on Women’s Athletics and the Minorities Opportunities and Interest Committee. The scholarship covers the cost of registration and provides a stipend of $300 to assist with travel to A STEP UP Charlotte. The professional development symposium for basketball assistant coaches will be held May 1 – 3 at the Omni Charlotte Hotel and Johnson C. Smith University. Since 2011 the NCAA women’s Athletics and Minorities Opportunities committee has partnered with Felicia Hall Allen & Associates and A STEP UP to give new and aspiring college basketball assistant coaches the opportunity to attend the three-day professional development symposium.
This year’s recipients include:
- Kachine Alexander Assistant coach, North Dakota State University
- Shanay Bradley – Assistant coach, State University of New York
- Kiaira Cooper – Assistant coach, Coastal Covenant College
- Natasha Doh – Assistant coach, Langston University
- Lisa Lee – Assistant coach, University of Charleston
- Jade Leitao – Head Coach, Barry University
- Jamarra Robinson – Assistant Coach, Indian River State College
- Amanda Sepulveda – Assistant Coach, AAU New Jersey Demons
- Courtney Strauthers – Assistant Coach, Florida Southern College
- Jasmine Young – Assistant Coach, Virginia Union University
Coaches are chosen from a pool of candidates who are asked to submit a scholarship application and include a resume, reference letter and a personal statement outlining how they believe A Step Up will enhance their professional development.
For more information on A Step Up log on to http://www.feliciahallallen.com