A STEP UP Program Overview
A STEP UP is an Athletic Symposium To Elevate Professionals & Uplift Performance for women’s basketball coaches. This Professional Development Symposium will be held in Charlotte, North Carolina May 1 – May 3, 2015. A STEP UP is administered by Felicia Hall Allen and Associates and supported by the NCAA.
A STEP UP Mission
To help assistant coaches gain knowledge, discover coaching insights, develop strategies and techniques to help them reach their full coaching potential in a professional learning environment.
NCAA Registration Ethnic Minority Coaches Scholarships (Includes Cost of Registration and $300 towards Travel)
Due in part to the support of the NCAA’s Committee on Women’s Athletics and The Minorities Opportunities and Interest Committee, Felicia Hall Allen and Associates will provide ten (10) registration scholarships ($200) and a $300 travel stipend.
Ten (10) Registration Scholarships valued at $500 will be awarded to female ethnic minority coaches who are chosen from a pool of candidates that meet the eligibility requirements and submit a scholarship application by Thursday, March 19, 2015.
NOTE: All participants awarded the NCAA UPLIFT Registration Scholarship will be responsible for making their own travel arrangements. The $300 travel stipend is to be used to help offset hotel and travel expenses to and from Charlotte, NC.
NCAA Uplift Registration Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Can currently be employed as a women’s college basketball coach.
- Must be seeking employment as a women’s basketball college assistant coach.
- Applicant must be an ethnic minority female.
- All applicants must be available to attend the Symposium in its entirety (May 1, – May 3, 2015) in Charlotte, NC.
NCAA Uplift Registration Scholarship Selection Process:
All completed applications must be received via email at email@example.com or mail by Thursday, March 19, 2015. Mailing address:
1015 Charlotte Ave #323, Rock Hill, SC 29732.
Applications should include:
- A current resume with three references.
- Please Include Ethnicity Information.
- One typed letter of recommendation from your head coach or athletic director.
- Typed personal statement (no more than one page) outlining why you would like to attend A STEP UP-Ft Charlotte and how you believe it will benefit your professional development.
NOTE: All information submitted during the application process will become the property of Felicia Hall Allen and Associates and will not be returned.
The Omni Charlotte has been selected as our Host Hotel. The host hotel has a discounted room block for Symposium participants at a rate of $139 per night plus tax.
Visit www.FeliciaHallAllen.com to make your hotel reservations.
NCAA UPLIFT Registration Scholarship – Notification
All candidates selected to receive the NCAA UPLIFT Registration Scholarship will be notified by Monday, March 23, 2015.